A Master's degree, or equivalent, is necessary for entrance into the doctoral program. The Master’s equivalence recognition requires at least 30 units of acceptable graduate level credit in appropriate coursework.
Prior learning credits may be accepted for the doctoral program if they were acquired after the Bachelor's degree was obtained. A minimum of sixty (60) units of acceptable graduate credit is required for a Honolulu University Doctorate degree.
At least 15 units and an acceptable dissertation must be completed with Honolulu University.
To graduate with a Doctorate Degree, a learner must:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 semester units of acceptable graduate credits.
- Complete, at Honolulu University, a minimum of 15 units of acceptable graduate credit other than reOfficers & Advisory for the dissertation.
- Achieve a grade of B (3.0) in all graduate courses counted toward the degree and maintain an overall ‘B’ (3.0) grade point average.
- Complete a satisfactory program of study as determined by Honolulu University’s Academic Dean.
- Submit a dissertation or portfolio of competence which is acceptable to Honolulu University (up to 12 units of graduate credit may be given for dissertation or portfolio of competence).
DOCTORAL PROGRAM - DEGREE MAJORS
- Health Sciences
- Human Development
- Religion/Doctor of Ministries
- Social Science
Honolulu University offers alternative independent study paths leading to academic degrees. Learn more...
Read the latest Honolulu University news and events bulletin. Read more...